Foundation & Envelope Inspection
Ask how to get this $250 Inspection FOR FREE!
We can only check what we can see, but with 50 years experience, we can see a lot!
- Looking at the landscaping around your home
- Water penetration points above ground level
- Water penetration points below ground level from the interior
- Understand the soil composition around your home
- Reviewing the structural integrity of your foundation where visible
- Interior Infrared Camera & Moisture Reader
- Efflorescence on the foundation walls
- Drill test holes where possible
- Window Well inspection
- Mold & Radon Gas – ask for details
Our inspections can determine;
- The source of your foundation crack
- If they will spread
- What is the best course of action
We will consider all interior and exterior options, and discuss with you, your preferences and the budget for any project.
Monitoring is best for small vertical cracks that do not threaten the structure of the home.
Horizontal cracks are more worrisome and require thorough evaluation & repair.
Our team will inspect the damage or cracks in your foundation while considering all key issues:
- Horizontal bulge/lean > 1.5”
- Lateral dislocation >1/4″
- Active movement in the foundation
- Spreading of cracks
- Past repairs or construction on the foundation
- Wall Cracks 1/4″+ indicates a structural problem
Stay Dry is the waterproofing division of the Domar Group, our parent company, who has been Repairing Foundations and conducting Waterproofing Services since 1989.
Foundation Inspection Considers
Our team will diagnose your foundation issues and suggest remedies based on a variety of factors, including:
- The age of your home and the history of construction in the area
- The type of foundation and construction materials that were used
- Wall types and wall height
- Cosmetic factors that may arise during work
- Interior and exterior excavation options
- Soil types, soil analysis, water issues and grading
- Drainage systems and drainage locations
- Seismic and climate issues that may be relevant
- Waterproofing issues and preventative measures